Priorities for the School Improvement Plan 2016 -2017
Prior to the new academic year we review and evaluate what has gone well and where together we might improve further. We also consider the implications arising from reviews from children and parents and by outside agencies, including those by the local authority, by the diocese, or by Ofsted. We also take into account any new statutory requirements. This frames priorities for future improvement which form the basis of a school improvement plan. In the coming year we have identified and will aim to improve our practice by focusing on the following:
- Further develop the quality of teaching and learning in Reading, Writing and Mathematics so as to enable children to achieve appropriate age expectations·
- Work towards assessment and achievement of the Basic Skills Quality Mark in Spring 2017·
- Further develop outdoor provision and a range of associated practical activities to support children's development across all areas of learning in EYFS in the outdoors·
- Continue to develop and embed assessment procedures and systems which are linked to age expected attainment goals and which help ensure appropriate pupil progress is monitored and any underachievement addressed·
- Timetable regular moderation opportunities within school and between schools so as to ensure consistency and validity of assessment.
- Develop closer liaison and working relationships with other schools where possible·
- Improve the quality and depth of work in geography and history which is linked to the development of a range of age appropriate skills.
- Review and update school policies and consider the development points raised by the SIAMS Inspection.
- Develop the expertise and experience of teaching staff through extended courses, supervision of teaching practice students and opportunities to network with colleagues from other schools.
- Develop the expertise and role of senior leaders in monitoring, evaluating and managing others to ensure children achieve age related expectations.
- Address points for action and improvement related to any self-review by governors.
- Implement any development points that arise from an anticipated Ofsted inspection of the school
Lower Foundation Stage Spring First Half Term Curriculum Information
Upper Foundation Stage Spring First Half Term Curriculum Information
Years 1/2 Spring First Half Term Curriculum Information
Years 3/4 Spring First Half Term Curriculum Information
Years 5/6 Spring First Half Term Curriculum Information
Tracking attainment across school
In 2014, the National Curriculum went through a period of change and expectations for each academic year was revised and re-written.
Key Stage Coordinators at school have developed a list of key assessment criteria (KACs) for each year group which closely follows the learning objectives outlined for Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
Every half term, each child’s work is assessed against the KACs and a judgement is made on their individual performance and attainment. Most pupils will perform at ‘Expected’ levels of understanding. Few are ‘Working towards Expectations’ and are identified as needing additional support in some areas of the curriculum. Similarly, towards the end of the academic year, some pupils will demonstrate ‘Exceeding levels of learning and understanding’.
This attainment is tracked and analysed so that future work is planned to address weaknesses or to develop and extend learning in English and Mathematics.
In the final summer term, the KACs are closely linked to the outcomes in both Science and Religious Education.
Each year group’s KACs for Reading, Writing and Mathematics are available to view by downloading the relative documents from the website. This will give some indication as to what your child is expected to achieve at the end of each academic year.
Click on the link below to see the Reading, Writing and Mathematics
expectations for each year group.
Year 1 Maths
Year 1 Writer
Year 1 Reader
Year 2 Maths
Year 2 Writer
Year 2 Reader
Year 3 Maths
Year 3 Reader
Year 3 Writer
Year 4 Maths
Year 4 Reader
Year 4 Writer
Year 5 Maths
Year 5 Reader
Year 5 Writer
Year 6 Maths
Year 6 Reader
Year 6 Writer